Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Teacher's Work

I have to remind myself that I am actually a teacher - even if I don't have the slightest sensation of feeling like one at all. What I have been learning these last few days is that a teacher's work never [ever] ends! I haven't taught a single lesson [nope, not even one] but every second of my day is filled with something related to teaching [it is all my brain can think about these days]! I just spent the past 3 hours doing teacher related activities [the details of which are much too thrilling for this boring blog!] and am feeling completely worn out! Goodness it's hardly 9:30 and I'm ready for bed! This cold I caught from Erin [or maybe Carter or Adam] won't go away - so that is also sending me to bed early tonight. Does it sound like I'm complaining? I'm not...I'm loving every second I have with those sweet first graders! I want to remember this feeling when teaching becomes such a normal part of my life I forget to remember just how thrilling it was at the beginning!

No comments: