Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Patton Elementary

I really couldn't be happier with my experience today at Patton Elementary School. From the kids to the teachers it seems like such a wonderful place to work. I already know that I am going to love my time there (and will be so sad when it ends).

While the day was wonderful, I can't help but feel completely overwhelmed and so unprepared for what is ahead of me. Watching Julie (my cooperating teacher) work with her students was amazing to me. She really is a wonderful teacher and I wonder if I will ever be able to instruct in such a smooth, seemingly effortless way. I can't spend my time trying to be like Julie. I know that I am my own person and will teach in my own way, but I still hope that I can be at least half as awesome as she is.

As I begin this journey as a student teacher my heart's desire is to be a bright shining light at Patton. I hope that my students will see Jesus' love in my eyes - even if they don't realize that is what they are seeing. I want more than words could ever express to be a light in the darkness, a reflection of Jesus Himself. I want that even more than I want to be an excellent teacher. I figure as long as I am in His will, and being a testimony of His love the rest will take care of itself....

Next Wednesday I begin the real thing - I really can't wait!

No comments: