Friday, November 11, 2016

My Veteran



One of my favorite things about my husband is the strength of his character. Those who know him know him to be a good, honest, moral, caring, wise, godly man. He decided from a young age that he would be a follower of Christ and he has not wavered in his conviction since. This amazes me, because so many of us (including myself) have our moments of weakness and failure and some turn from the Lord for a season or even entirely.

Not so with my husband and this is one of his greatest gifts to me.

Possibly one of the most significant tests of his character and faith were the years he served our country in the Army. While deployed in Iraq he experienced some significant persecution for his faith. He was tested in ways I've never been. Tempted by his fellow soldiers to sin in some big and small ways, tempted to somehow abandon his beliefs as a Christian.

He never did.

This photo represents to me not only my husband's sacrifices in serving his country, but also the goodness of the Lord in empowering him to withstand the against the schemes of the devil. It represents all that I love about him - who he is as a man, as a soldier, as a husband, and as a Christian.

This Veteran's Day I am thankful for all who have served and are serving our country. Today and every day I am especially thankful for my husband. Who served with his whole heart and for the love of his country. Who returned home having been changed forever by his experiences, but resolved not to allow his experiences to change his love for the Lord.

Thank you, Kevin, for fighting the good fight, for standing firm not only in the US Army, but also in the Lord's army! I am so proud to be your wife!

1 comment:

Heather LeFebvre said...

You are blessed, Tiffany!!! and we are blessed as a country to have such men caring for us!!!