Saturday, January 19, 2013

All of this will disappear...



I had my iPod on shuffle this afternoon while I was going about my usual Saturday chores. Yes, I just said chores.  I'm not really sure why I said it because I never actually say things like that, and I am sure many of you are thinking, "I didn't know she even did chores..."

The song "All Will Fade Away" by Meredith Andrews came on. I've listened to that song about a million times, but something about it really struck me this afternoon....


"We will see You face to face and all will fade away..."  That is an incredible thought! The fact that one day this world will fade away and I will be caught up with Jesus - with Him forever! An eternity to worship Him, to love Him and be loved by Him. To see Him face to face - the thought is almost too much for my heart to hold! How I long to see His face! I am promised eternity with my Jesus!

Blows away my little mind.

I don't know about you, but it is incredibly comforting to know that there is life beyond what we see. This world is not the end of things for those who know Jesus, there is so much more to look forward to.

I have always believed this to be true, but this afternoon as I was signing away with Meredith I began to ponder how the reality of this truth should impact my every day life. It really, truthfully should cause all else to fade away. It ought to change the very way I live my life.

Honestly, I felt convicted because I know I spend much more of my time focusing on my circumstances and what I want to DO for Jesus than I spend focusing on what HE has DONE for me and how that has completely changed my destiny.

I hear Meredith sing, "In this world we will struggle, but You have overcome the world..." Such comfort in this truth...I will stumble, but my future is secure. Because of JESUS I am established forever (Proverbs 10:25). 

What joy!

And there is more! Because of Jesus there is "hope in suffering." Because of Jesus this "light momentary affliction, is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen..." (2 Cor. 4:17-18) 

What hope!

So as I dusted and organized my earthly possessions I was brought to tears thinking that all of this will disappear, it withers like the grass. I wasn't crying because I want my stuff, I was crying because "no treasure compares to You..." Nothing this world can offer me compares to Jesus. No person or thing could ever possibly offer me the love, comfort, and fulfillment He daily gives to me. And one day I will see HIM face to face. I will see the One my heart so desperately longs to see. I will be caught up with my Jesus. This life, these struggles...all forgotten. 


No comments: